Title: Marketing Intern
Reports to: Creative Services Manager
Closing Date: 5/7/2017
The Museum of Flight is offering an unpaid internship opportunity with the Marketing Department. The Marketing Intern works in a fast-paced, seven-person marketing department supporting the team with development of Museum communications and various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Google+, and YouTube, as well as digital asset organization, answering emails from the Marketing Inbox and other general support for the department.
Education: High School diploma and currently enrolled in an accredited institute
Experience: One to two years of prior experience working with social media, writing, and/or administrative duties
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge and experience working with different social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Google+, YouTube)
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Mac OS platform
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to be an adaptable member of a dynamic team
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Keen eye for detail especially in regards to design and photography
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (specifically Bridge, Photoshop and InDesign) a plus
- Experience in the area of the non-profit/museum and/or tourism and attractions sectors desired
- Photography experience a plus
- Experience with HTML, CMS, CSS a plus
Essential Job Functions:
- Re-organize, categorize and maintain immense digital photo storage
- Assist Associate Manager of Marketing and Communications with social media planning and posting
- Assist Webmaster with website calendar updates, etc.
- Assist with answering emails from the Marketing Inbox
- Other duties as assigned by Creative Services Manager
This voluntary Marketing Internship position will reflect a schedule that will work with the perspective candidate’s school/work schedule. The Museum is asking for a commitment of one semester or two quarters, with a flexible work week, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8am to 5pm, with the goal being 8-14 hours per week.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds
- Normal office conditions apply, including repetitive wrist and arm movement and long periods of sitting, or standing
- The ability to focus, bend, carry, reach to the side, front and overhead, push, pull, walk, stand, twist and squat are occasional requirements in a normal office setting.