Are you passionate about fitness and creating healthy communities? Volunteer with the YWCA in our new Employee Wellness Program as a fitness instructor! This is a great way to share what you do with the community.
The YWCA Human Resources Department is rolling out a brand new workplace Wellness Program for our staff, who work hard for our clients each and every day. Through this benefit, we hope to promote physical and mental wellness and self-care so our staff can better serve our clients.
In order to promote our new program, we are organizing four exciting kick-off events to get staff excited about wellness. At the event, we would like to offer a fun, all-levels fitness class to staff. We will also share information about the program and provide healthy snacks and prizes.
We need fitness experts who want to give back to their community and lead a 50-minute, all-level fitness class for our staff at the kick-off events. Types of fitness activities that would work well are:
- martial arts (especially geared toward women)
- tai chi
- barre classes, and more
If you are a certified fitness instructor and think that you could share what you do with YWCA staff, many of whom are new to fitness, click the apply button to contact Volunteer Services!
- We encourage female or female-identified people of color to apply!
- Must be available between 12-2pm (class is from 12:30-1:30pm) on one or more of the following dates--we have some flexibility on the date:
- Friday, March 3rd (Lynnwood)
- Tuesday, March 7th (White Center)
- Thursday, March 9th (Central District)
- Friday, March 10th (Issaquah)
- Please consider that many of our staff are new to fitness, so beginner-level activities are appreciated.
- We prefer for fitness instructors to provide equipment or lead activities that do not need equipment.
- Volunteers must provide their own transportation. Free parking is available at our sites.
- Food and refreshments will be provided.
- Enthusiastic to engage in our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women!
- Must provide proof of certification.
- Experience leading or teaching fitness discipline.
- Must complete YWCA Informed Consent and Release of Liability paperwork.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.