Providing food to the hungry in our community is a vital part of our daily mission to reach, serve, uplift, and empower individuals, families, and communities. The Volunteers of America Everett Food Bank is in need of a special type of volunteer. We are looking for one or more volunteers to be the Volunteer Welcoming Team! New volunteers are regularly joining the food bank team, but it can be a chaotic environment to walk in on your first day. The Volunteer Welcoming Team leads volunteer orientations and helps make sure the volunteer's first day is a positive experience. This involves giving tours of the food bank, showing volunteers where to sign in, and setting new volunteers up with a training buddy. This is a great position for someone who is charismatic and enjoys working with people.
You can choose one shift or many! There are shifts available at all of our food banks. Available shifts are:
- Mondays 9 - 12 or 12 - 3
- Mondays 9 - 1 (only at our Wetmore Ave location at 3120 Wetmore Ave, Everett)
- Tuesdays 3 - 5 (only at our South Everett location at 805 W Casino Rd, Everett)
- Wednesdays 9 - 12 or 12 - 4
- Thursdays 9 - 12 or 12 - 2
- Thursdays 4 - 6 (only at our Mill Creek location at 4306 132nd St SE, Mill Creek)